As a person who enjoys computers and programming, I have noticed that there are a lot of jokes and quotes that I find funny that other people don’t. So for all my fellow programmers out there, I hope you enjoy the following material.
- This is my favorite cartoon/joke out of all of them.
- “Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.”
- “Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are–by definition–not smart enough to debug it.”
- “If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”
(Edsger W. Dijkstra)
- “Commenting your code is like cleaning your bathroom — you never want to do it, but it really does create a more pleasant experience for you and your guests.”
- “If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.”
- “The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That’s where we come in; we’re computer professionals. We cause accidents.”
- “If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0”
Have any other quotes, cartoons, or jokes that you think should be on the list? Leave them in the comments. And as always, if you like the post share it and subscribe 🙂