We recently had an issue where we had to rebuild our RAID-6 array. After rebuilding the array, our cluster did not automatically locate and mount our high-capacity storage array. In order to fix this problem, we had to add a new interface configuration file to ifconfig by following the below steps:
1. As root on the server that will be connected to the high-capacity storage server
Add the following to the file:
DEVICE=ib0 TYPE=Infiniband BOOTPROTO=static BROADCAST=172.30.255.255 IPADDR=172.30.1.11 NETMASK=255.255.0.0 ONBOOT=yes
Of course your BROADCAST, IPADDR, and NETMASK will be different from those set here.
- The filename is ifcfg-ib0 for the configuration file for device ib0 (note these are zeros, not the letter o).
- BROADCAST is the broadcast IP address.
- NETMASK is the netmask IP value
- BOOTPROTO is the boot protocol, where the value is one of the following: (a) none – No boot-time protocol should be used, (b) dhcp – The dhcp protocol should be used, (c) static – static hard set the IP.
- IPADDR is the IP address
- ONBOOT specifies if the interface needs to be active on boot (values: yes or no)
- TYPE is the interface type